Sunday, December 20, 2009 | By: janet

2009 BLIZZARD

With record snowfall the mayor of Maryland has declared a “state of emergency”. It’s hard to tell how much snow actually accumulated in our area as the wind drifts have created waist high depths in our backyard. News reports have ranged from 20”-22”—definitely a record for our state.

Just take a look out our kitchen back door. Do you see it?


Dog tracks down the steps.

Back peddling right back up the steps.

And yellow snow just to the left.


Gibbs for the fourth, tenth or fortieth time is clearing the driveway and sidewalks. So on a quiet, blanketed white morning I decided to attempt my nemesis breakfast again.




This time I remembered to add the yeast first, not last. I also opted to utilize my kettle to ensure the water was hot enough. But then I almost mistakenly used the cumin instead of cinnamon.





But I am becoming a pro at rolling the dough out into a 10” x 15” rectangle by “eyeballing it”. What I still need to master is sealing the edges.





Don’t call me a pro just yet though.



Photobucket

3 comments:

Amydeanne said...

lol looks a lot like my house... i'm usually buried out here until spring. Glad my FIL has a snow plow of his own so we can at least get out to work!

Heather said...

Hee hee! They look awesome! How do you make them all so uniform? Mine always taste good, but look like a 3 year old rolled and cut them out.

lizcooper.wordpress.com said...

They look beautiful! I don't even bake that kind of stuff at my house since I'm the only one who likes them.

I don't get it. Back in 1999 we had 24 inches of snow here in middle North Carolina, something we hadn't had in probably 40 years. They didn't declare it a state of emergency. It's interesting they did where you are.

Hope you're feeling well!! Merry Christmas!