Tuesday, March 16, 2010 | By: janet

EVICTION NOTICE

Anticipation of another one, it definitely had its ups and downs. The wait was ironic given our history of two unexpected and sweet surprises- we just assumed I'd get pregnant right away. And as some of you know that simply was not the case, by any measure.

Then there was the weekend at Busch Gardens of exhilarating roller coasters and jamming out at the concert line up all with unexplained and trivial bleeding. Despite all the fun and excitement, unbeknownst to us, that bleeding would be diagnosed as successful implantation bleeding that defied some serious gravity and speeds.

I'm sure we don't need to rehash the first sonogram and it's scarring of my children. (Who still have yet to attend any subsequent sonograms other than the 3d/4d.) Thankfully the second sonogram showing a thriving baby reversed the questionable findings of the original sonogram.

With the vomiting and my inability to take prenatal vitamins, the standard over-the-counter children's chewable vitamins have been a perfect match for us- fully confirmed with my ongoing excellent lab work. Apparently I am in the small percent of women who can successfully do this through an entire pregnancy. And thank God too because I've never been able to tolerate those horse pills!

My ongoing elevated blood pressures did no permanent damage that can be currently found/evaluated while in utero. Though her growth may have stalled for a month, it didn't take long for her get back to growing as soon as I was prescribed bp meds.

And even with the cord looped around her neck- decreased movement and original findings of an unshakable heart rate (which should fluctuate), a week later she made great strides revealing a fluctuating heart rate with movement. Not to mention weekly she continues to reveal there are no immediate harmful effects of the cord loop.

But most interesting of all, even with fluctuating hormones, physically taxing body changes, surprise and blindsiding blows at OB appointments... along with the drama and politics, Gibbs and I have remained strong in the face of adversity. In fact, though never thought possible, we are stronger than ever- more united than ever- more bonded than ever.

They say don't miss the small miracles while waiting for the big one.

And waiting, for a very long time, we have been doing!

And small miracles, many of them, we do have!

And finally now, after all of this time, we will greet and welcome the big one! She Number Three will be born on Wednesday St. Patrick's Day!

I am not pleased at all that I have to be induced. Furthermore, I'm upset to have to be at the hospital at 12:15 am Wednesday morning. I feel like it's going to make for an extremely long day whether you count the day beginning on Tuesday or Wednesday. So if you could keep our family in your thoughts and prayers, I would appreciate it!


Photobucket

4 comments:

lizcooper.wordpress.com said...

Wow! How exciting! Good luck! Yes, my husband and I are really focusing on the little miracles that are happening in our lives. It's so easy to be captivated by the big prize and miss playing the game :-)

Thanks for your comments! I think my dad is using a Nikon F3? Maybe? I'm not 100% sure! He does some pretty cool stuff with it though!

Ronnica said...

Today's an exciting day...I'm sure you're looking forward to meeting her SOON!

Heather said...

OH! Can't wait to hear the good news of the arrival of she #3! Be safe! Saying prayers right now!

Amydeanne said...

praying for you Janet! can't wait to see the pictures!!!