Monday, March 8, 2010 | By: janet

HOTEL MOM

Things are moving forward rapidly! Weekly I’ve been having fetal non-stress tests due to the cord around the neck and my blood pressure. With each appointment they continue to show strong heart rates and increased movement—a definite good sign that She Number Three is happy and content incubating. And thank God too!

Currently I am dealing with the ramifications of gestational/pregnancy induced hypertension (PIH). Because they are not willing to put me on diuretics while taking the blood pressure medication, I continue to swell—at female psyche emotionally blowing rates. Although I do have prescription anti-swelling knee highs, I still notice how bad my Barney Rubble feet, cankles and legs are. Not to mention face and hands!

Unfortunately at my last appointment my blood pressure was a lot more elevated than they would like. After completing the non-fetal stress test and the internal exam (I’m slowly dilating!), I was laid down to rest before another blood pressure reading was taken. Thankfully it came down to a nicer level, but I was informed if it continues to climb they will have no choice but to induce me for pre-eclampsia.

We are down the wire now! These are my final weeks. I still stand in awe over this fact when I reflect back to the summer and hovering over the toilet thinking March was soooo far away!

Due to the PIH I have already been told I will not be allowed to beyond my due date later this month. This is because the elevated pressures cause the placenta to calcify over time and does some type of damage to the vessels.

For now Hotel Mom continues to host and display a no vacancy sign! Despite the repetitive bathroom breaks that interrupt my sleep, and the intense heartburn, the weight gain, lowness and dropping pressures and more, I am thrilled to know She Number Three continues to remain in utero where it is most safe for her right now!

Photobucket

5 comments:

Nikki said...

Glad to hear She #3 is doing well!

Sarah@Life in the Parsonage said...

I had a similar thing with my first pregnancy...oh the swelling.

What a great blog you have here!

Heather said...

Glad she is doing well. Hope you both continue to stay healthy! Waiting to hear when she #3 decides to arrive!

The Church Lady said...

Oh wow! Thanks for the update Janet! Hang in there girl!

lizcooper.wordpress.com said...

Wow, I can't believe it's almost time already! What a ride pregnancy is. It's amazing and beautiful and tough and fun all at the same time! I'm so glad that despite some medical issues, you and baby are doing well :-)

Ps. The quote in my last blog post did come from the song you mentioned.