Monday, May 24, 2010 | By: janet

Fun Monday: FOOD

Deb at 1crazystitcher is our hostess with the mostess this week! She would like to know:

FOOD. What is your favorite? What do you find most disgusting? Do you want to share a recipe?

Most disgusting is easy... or so I thought! It was a toss up between this

and

this

Ultimately the olives beat out the bleu cheese!


Without further ado allow me to tantilize my own taste buds, and maybe even yours! Since I am not Italian it is unfortunate I did not marry into an Italian family. Though I am certain my waistline appreciates this!


One of my most favorite meals is Chicken Parmesean! For this meal I do not skimp out on quality and find that fresh, or relatively fresh, ingredients is a must! My recipe is simple, it's the one on the back of the bread crumb container!

But here are a few secrets I've learned along the way:

  • It is important the bread crumbs are pretty fresh- Gibbs can immediately can tell the difference on the first bite.  Add your own Italian seasonings if you desire.
  • Dry your thin filleted chicken breasts first.  I use napkins or a paper towel.
  • Strictly keep one hand for egg batter dipping and one hand for bread crumb coating.  Not only will this prevent a yucky mess on your hands, but it will keep your chicken superbly clean.
  • This is not fried chicken--the olive oil should lightly coat just the bottom of the pan.  As you are cooking, if you need more, slowly drizzle it into the pan.
  • After about a minute of initial cooking, give the pan some vigorous side-to-side shakes to keep the chicken from sticking to the bottom.  Do this again when you flip the chicken to cook the other side. 
  • Place the chicken on a cookie sheet, top with cheese and place in the oven/broiler to melt the cheese. 

  • While waiting for all chicken pieces to cook, resting them on a cooling rack will keep them from becoming soggy.

Serve with angel hair pasta and spicy arrabiatta sauce for added deliciousness! 

Bon appetit!

Photobucket

6 comments:

Sayre said...

I love chicken parmesan!!! Had it for dinner (at a restaurant) on Friday night because I hadn't had it in so long... I like your chicken technique - I'm going to have to try that myself.

My post is going up later today - I had a crazy weekend and didn't get to it yet.

The Church Lady said...

That looks like MY IDENTICAL recipe! It is one of my family favorites!! Love those progresso bread crumbs!!

Jan n Jer said...

Looks so yummy...just looking at it is making me hungry. Will have to give it a try. Thanks for sharing Janet!

Faye said...

You just demonstrated why some things need to be made from scratch--quality ingredients, good technique = yumo! I've had chicken parm on a bed of angel hair pasta coated with brown butter sauce. . .

Ari_1965 said...

CP isn't my favorite, but yours looks very tasty.

Amydeanne said...

i'm not a blue cheese fan, but hubby would go nuts over these! i'm actually drooling LOL.. i'd use a mozzerala (sp??)