Thursday, May 6, 2010 | By: janet

It's A Shower Thing

I am yearning for some predictability in my life.  In particular, Elle's schedule.  With no rhyme or reason to it, she either sleeps heavily or catnaps.  No inbetween.

But most of all I'm desperate for my one thing.  I think we all have our "one thing"- the item that gets you through the day.  Maybe it's coffee.  Or a hot cup of tea.  For some it may be 30 minutes to yourself before the house bustles with commotion.

Though all of those sound terrific, they aren't "my thing".  Mine is the shower.  Once I shower I can tackle and overcome anything that comes my way that day.  But here lately... not so.  Some days I shower at 9 am.  Other days I'm lucky if it happens by 3 pm.


Though I find it bothersome, I look at this sweet little face (still thinking how desperate I am for a shower) and can't help but to remind myself that one day I will miss her being so little and dependent upon me.  Did I mention I'd still like a shower? 
Photobucket

6 comments:

Ronnica said...

*SO* cute

I hope you get a shower soon!

The Church Lady said...

Oh my, she is very alert! This too shall pass. A regular routine for baby and mom will come soon.

Baby Elle is so sweet!

These Nine Acres said...

Ahhhhhh! I haven't stopped in for so long, I missed the birth! Congrats, my friend. She is beautiful and so alert. I wish I could hug you. I am having to deal with the terrible twos and potty training times two with twin foster children right now. I feel your no-shower pain ;0)

Amydeanne said...

oh she is so sweet Janet! Did I mention my yongest is almost 3 and I need a shower still LOL.
hugs my friend! It'll be over before we both know it!

LittleWomen21 said...

Oh, she is adorable! Have you ever tried taking into the bathroom with you (like in a bassinet or a bouncy seat) while you shower? the sound of the water would usually keep my babies happy while I showered

janet said...

Thanks everyone! Yes, I have tried showering with a bouncy seat and a travel "mini" swing in there with me. Unfortunately she just cries and cries. I'm going to try her outside of the door or inside the frame instead of behind closed doors with me. Maybe that will make a difference.