Monday, August 9, 2010 | By: janet

Forever Changed

I went to a funeral on Saturday. A few times, as tears uncontrollably flowed like raindrops, I thought I was going to vomit. It was Dora the Explorer themed. Never again will Dora simply be “a fun-loving cartoon girl” to me.

I’m still digesting it all. Like the small casket. Or watching a mother say her absolute, forever final goodbye to her daughter. And why this little angel’s days were deemed short. Or why my friend has seen pain and suffering like you and I never have- her second daughter, her second funeral for a daughter.

The Pastor’s message and words were no doubt God inspired. Approximately twelve people accepted Christ on Saturday. My friend also felt the love and support she may or may not have questioned -or even realized she ever had.


It reminds me of the lyrics:
Life is full of light and shadows
Oh the joy, oh the sorrow
And yet He will bring dark to light
And yet He will bring day from night

And just as many of us walked away with our lives forever changed. Changed by words. Changed by a message. Changed by her mother's faith. Changed by an angel’s too short life.
Photobucket

4 comments:

Lisa writes... said...

What hope we have in Christ!

Ronnica said...

I think that there's nothing more heartbreaking than to see a parent lose a child. This is definitely not the way it's supposed to be. But we can rest in our Father's arms because He knows what it's like to lose a child, too.

Amydeanne said...

sounds like your week was like mine; my cousin died only 27 and left 3 little kids behind... just broke my heart..

Eccesiastes has been my comfort, when he says about it "raining on the good and the bad" it reminds me that life is unjust but that isn't God.

Hugs & prayers for you and your friend.

The Church Lady said...

Hi Janet! So good to hear from you, at the same time, I'm so sorry to hear about your friend and the loss of her beloved child. I pray for sympathy, comfort and strength for the family.

P.s. The video below of your baby is adorable! Thanks for sharing.