Wednesday, September 1, 2010 | By: janet

Baby For Hire

In my What To Expect the First Year book I read that Elle should not have ‘stranger anxiety’ yet. I found it a little silly considering she cries upon a stranger’s approach.

But then I got to thinking. I’ve determined they could actually be right.

Elle cries whenever Gibbs takes her. Or I walk out of the room—especially to shower. When the girls approach or try to hold her. Even when I decide that I too need to eat. Or when the neighbors want to engage with her. Pretty much anything that involves me not in her line of sight or being taken away from me.

After thinking about this pattern I have concluded the authors are correct. Elle does not have ‘stranger anxiety’ –she has “But You’re Not My Mommy’ anxiety.

Her response is rather alarming. For real.

Therefore we’ve concluded to start saving for her college account now. We are hoping Captain Paul Watson may want to hire Elle as a real life, living LRAD (long range acoustical device) in his fight to save the whales.
Photobucket

3 comments:

Amydeanne said...

oh hon.. my #2... I had to hold him for 6 months straight including having him sleep on my chest during the night or he'd scream.. than suddenly he just stopped.. it was weird.. but yes.. he was very full of anxiety.. so I totally know what you're talking about!
hugs & prayers!

Ronnica said...

My friend's daughter was like that until just after a year. The first time she smiled at me I about died!

Amydeanne said...

hey, thanks for the comment today! I miss ya!